<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thetastyremedy.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Tasty Remedy: A Busy Kitchen and Balsamic Pork Tenderloin

Monday, March 24, 2014

A Busy Kitchen and Balsamic Pork Tenderloin

We had an amazing dinner made for us at home on Saturday night.  Two of our friends recently visited Thailand, and while they were there, they took a Thai cooking class.  Luckily they were willing to share the deliciousness they learned with the rest of us.
 
It’s can be a strange, foreign feeling, watching others take over your kitchen.  I’m usually pretty particular about how many people I’ll let in the kitchen while I’m cooking.  And by "pretty particular" I mean, just me.  This time, I wasn't doing the cooking, but taking on a sous chef position as well as guiding a few other people to where to find the tongs, bowls, pans, etc.  Needless to say, with four people cooking multiple dishes, the kitchen was a war zone when we were done.  So worth it, though.  

Our amazing, homemade Thai dinner.



Earlier in the week, I was in the kitchen with two beautiful pork tenderloins, and my trusty cast iron pan.  I really do love my cast iron pans.  Oh, and of course pork.  I love pork too.

You know what’s also great?  Reduced balsamic vinegar.  So tangy and slightly sweet.  

Let’s get to it.

Balsamic Pork Tenderloin
Prep: 20 minutes  Cook: 60 minutes



Ingredients:

2 – 3 lbs pork tenderloin
2 Tbsp duck fat, coconut fat, or bacon fat
Salt & Pepper

Sauce:
4 Tbsp butter (look for butter from grass fed cows, like Kerrygold brand)
½ cup balsamic vinegar
¾ cup bone broth
1 leek, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Melt the duck fat, coconut oil or bacon fat in a large cast iron pan over medium high heat.
  3. Salt and pepper the pork tenderloin on all sides.
  4. Sear the pork on all sides in the hot pan.  About 2-3 minutes per side.
  5. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 40-50 minutes, or until the pork has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
  6. When the pork has come to temperature, transfer it to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm while you make the sauce.
  7. Place the pan over medium heat. 
  8. Carefully pour in the balsamic vinegar to deglaze the pan.  Using a rubber spatula, stir the vinegar to loosen up the meaty bits that have stuck to the pan.
  9. Add in the leeks, garlic, and butter.  Continue to stir.
  10. Once the butter has melted completely, add in half of the bone broth.  Continue to stir until the sauce has reduced by about half.
  11. Add in the remaining broth and stir until the sauce has again reduced by about half.
  12. Pour the sauce over sliced pork tenderloin, and be prepared to lick the plate.


Enjoy!

Suzie


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At March 24, 2014 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

Yum! I can only imagine how good that pork tenderloin is. I love the comment you made about number of cooks in your kitchen. I wonder where you learned that from. ;-)

 
At March 24, 2014 at 1:18 PM , Blogger Suzie said...

I never knew how good pork tenderloin could be until I started buying it at the local butcher shop. Such a difference! And yeah, no idea where I got the solo cooking habit from. :)

 
At March 24, 2014 at 1:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for letting us take over your kitchen - you were cool as a cucumber and it really was a mad house (probably mostly my fault)! This week's recipe looks sooo good, I can't wait to try it!

 
At March 24, 2014 at 6:51 PM , Blogger Debbie said...

Sounds fun and delish! Btw, I made slow-cooker sesame orange chicken from against all grain at our retreat last weekend. GOOD!

 
At March 24, 2014 at 9:05 PM , Blogger Suzie said...

Oh I bet that was delicious! Everything from Danielle Walker has been amazing!

 
At March 24, 2014 at 9:06 PM , Blogger Suzie said...

Thanks again for cooking such a great meal!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home